Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ready or not, the weight must come off!

I did it, I got on the scale this morning. The verdict? Well - ok - I guess I did say I would tell you. 155.4 lbs. For those of you that don't like math, that means I need to lose 25.4 lbs to get to my goal weight. YOWSERS! But, that wasn't even the scariest number. My body fat came up as 35%. Holy crap! That number has got to go down by at least 10%! I just made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup from a recipe out of Eating for Life. I am going to freeze it in single serving portions and that will be my lunches at least twice a week. I need to get to Sams today and buy some more chicken breasts, cuz I am going to be eating a lot of chicken. I am also going to start making myself eat vegetables. If you know anything about me, you know I don't like anything green. On my menu this week are green beans and (gulp) brocolli. Yup, I am that serious about needing to lose this blubber. No more pop, no more eating of the free meals at work. Gotta stick to my plan and maybe just maybe I can make this work. That's enough fat talk for today!

Yesterday was a day that I think Scott and I will remember for a while. We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding in the bride's parents' backyard. It stormed early yesterday morning and the clouds all just kind of stuck around. As we were shooting pics of the couple , the clouds started to get a little thicker and a little darker. We decided to start shooting some group pics and that's when the rain decided to start. Just a few sprinkles at a time. We would hurry and shoot, stand under a tree. Hurry and shoot, stand under a tree. Well, our lights didn't like the sprinkes and decided to stop working. So, it was hurry and shoot with two flashes, stand under a tree. Pretty soon we skipped the standing under a tree and just did a "smile" click, "next! smile" click "next" . Boy do we work well under pressure. We just got the last family shot done and the sprinkes turned into streams and by the time we made it to the garage it was a full downpour. As we were all in the house, the hail started to fall as well. Needless to say, we ended up with a church wedding yesterday. By the time we got to the reception, it was gorgeous out! Go figure.

Well, Scott is at a wedding by himself today. The kids and I are just going to do some bumming around and maybe hit the pool this afternoon. Weather guy was talking chance of rain again so we will see. Sams this afternoon and then we are going out for one last supper before the diet starts. Guess I'd better get to the bumming around part of my day!

1 comment:

Connie said...

You should try a bowl of the weight watchers vegetable soup that I make. It's all vegetables- no meat- and the only thing green is green beans. I think you could handle it. Your dad even likes it so it can't be too bad!