Friday, July 18, 2008

psyching myself up

Yesterday I received the two books that I ordered: Body for Life for Women and Eating for Life. I read thru both of them last night. Then I actually sat down and typed up 4 weeks worth of work outs and 1 week of food. I am starting this on Monday so I figure I better start psyching myself up now. I will do a "weigh in" on Sunday. I am going to try to not get on the scale more than once a week. Hopefully that way I can see more progress at a time and not get too frusterated. According to the books, my "target" weight should be about 130. YIKES! I don't remember the last time I only weighed 130. I think right before I got pregnant with Haley I was 135. Not to say that I was skinny then, but way better than I am now. If I can get to 130, I just may be HOT! Ok that's probably pushing it, but it's good to have goals right? I am thinking I might be brave enough to post my weight progess on here. We'll see how I feel about that come Sunday. My thought is that if I am being honest about my weight with other people, maybe it will keep me being more on track in the diet department. I'm going to try to get some "before" pictures taken too, but I promise I won't subject you to those!
Not much else to talk about this morning- so guess that means it's shower time!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Ok, now you've got me thinking I can do this too. I've already the Body for Life book and I know all the stuff I'm supposed to do. Once I get through this camping weekend I'm going to try to get back on track with the excersize and diet thing. Maybe we could do our weigh-ins on the same day and compare.

Scott Meyer said...

I'm gonna shoot for 130 too!