Wednesday, July 16, 2008

no braces....yet

Haley had her follow up orthodontist appointment yesterday. She went for a consultation 6 months ago and they told us to have 2 of her teeth pulled and to come back in 6 months. Yesterday they told us she should do a retainer now to fix her crossbite and then she will need braces in about 5 years. So- in about 2 1/2 weeks we go back to get her retainer. They did all of the impressions and pictures yesterday. Sometimes Haley really suprises me. She didn't put up a fuss at all about the molding stuff. If I had asked her to do something like that she would have yelled and pouted and run away. I guess it's true that kids listen better to strangers than they do their own parents. I suppose I was probably the same way. I was always butting heads with my mom and dad, but all of my friends' parents loved me and told their kids to be more like me. Seems weird that we take everything out on the ones who love us most and are only trying to help us be the best people we can be. Oh well, I don't think I turned out too bad and I know Haley will turn out to be an awesome person too. (I'm still going to keep telling her what to do, though- I am her mom after all)

Hannah is starting to walk really well without her crutches. We even went to Wal-mart and left the crutches at home. She is so funny- I have been trying for the last week to tell her that life would be easier if she would just try to not use the crutches. Yesterday she said, "this is so much easier mom" Duh, that's what I've been saying for the last week. I guess all the "listening to your parents" comments I made above apply here as well. Dang stubborn kids anyway.

I have a Will funny from yesterday. At the supper table Scott was telling me that on the way to Amy's house Will said " I want to buy a ladder" Random ,but that's Will for you. Scott asked him why he needed a ladder. "So I can fix it". Funny enough, right- oh but there is more. So Scott looks at me at me and said "I wouldn't buy a broken ladder in the first place." Obviously Will had been listening to our conversation because he pipes up with "Fine, don't buy a broken ladder!" He just cracks me up!

Well time to hit the shower. I made it a mile again this morning. I need to keep myself motivated. Next week starts a major diet! I am going to get skinny whether I like it or not! I ordered Body For Life and Eating For Life. Both books should be here tomorrow so I can get a work out and diet figured out this weekend and start it up on Monday. I am tired of being tired, and I am tired of hating the way I look. Time for a major lifestyle overhaul!

No comments: