Tuesday, July 8, 2008

how to make a 100 lb black lab pur like a kitten

GIVE HIM A BATH! Bandit was getting pretty rank smelling and he is in the middle of a major shedding spell. I decided to give him a bath today. While I was scrubbing him he started purring- seriously you would have thought I was scratching a cat the size of a tiger by the noise he was making. While I was scrubbing in the shampoo I moved my hand and noticed that I was covered in fur up to my elbow- gross! I took a picture of all the hair in the tub, but I am not going to post it or you all will think that my house is disgusting. Yeah- it looks that bad. Later I brushed him out and it looked like he had a twin brother standing next to him with the pile of hair I got off. That can't feel good for him. I really need to get both dogs in to the vet, but I am a little afraid of what they will say about Bandit. He has a pretty big tumor of sorts along his side. He is getting pretty old for a big dog, but he is such a good dog that it will be sad to see him go.

Well, Scott and Haley are in St Paul right now. One of Scott's brides couldn't get away from work to come down for engagement pics so she is paying for his gas to go there and shoot. He took Haley with for some company and it sounds like they are having a good time. I think I actually talk to Scott more when he is out of town than when he is at the studio working. Weird, but true.

Tomorrow night is Haley's last summer singers concert of the year. After that I think we are done with scheduled summer activities.

I got Hannah a cast shoe yesterday so that she could start trying to walk without crutches. I think she forgot how to walk in the past two weeks. She looks like a little caveman trying to hop around. She gets all bent over and hobbles- barely touching her cast to the floor. Quite funny and sad all at the same time. I am sure she will figure this out just like she did the crutches.

I have a Will funny to share from last night. We were having supper, he ate about 1/3 of what was on his plate and then said "my food is all gone." I said "What about all this food that is still on your plate?" His response "that's your food, I'm ready for pudding" Sometimes he really cracks me up. Where on earth would he come up with saying the rest is mine? Goofball. Well I better get back to the reason I came to the computer- quarterly tax time. FUN!

No comments: