Friday, June 12, 2009

Week of vacation...Day 4

Day 4 of my vacation turned out to actually feel a little bit like a vacation day. The weather even sort of cooperated.
1. Up at 6:30- I know, I am almost figuring out how to really sleep in!
2. 2 1/2 mile run- was going to be 3 miles, but it started raining so I turned toward home a little early, I know, I know- WUSS!
3. Transported the girls back and forth to summer singers. In between travels, stopped at the studio and helped clean a little.
4. The girls and I worked on getting some senior postcards out for Scott. They love helping with that! (read in sarcastic tone)

5. The sun was shining, but the temp wasn't quite warm enough for swimming so we decided to head to Sertoma Park.
First we stopped in the Outdoor Campus building and learned how to tie knots. I had never gone in there before, there were a few interesting things to look at.
Then, we headed out to walk some trails.
Along one of the trails, we found an Emerson. What is an Emerson? One of Haley's friends from school...
I wanted a picture of the kids and they thought it was cool that they could get inside of this tree. There must be some weird forcefield in the tree or something. Look at Will's eyes.....

Daddy even stopped by to throw Will around for a minute before heading to a shoot.

Of course, we had to stop at the playground too.


6. Stopped at Lewis and picked up some flowers. A little late to plant now, but what the hey! Who says your flower pots have to be filled by a certian day? And why would we listen to them anyway?





7. Brought Scott some supper cuz he had evening appointments and couldn't be home to eat.
8. Mowed the lawn and cut down some nasty plants in front of the house.
9. Took a nice warm bath to get rid of all the nasty plant itchiness.
All in all, a really great day. Looks like the weather isn't going to be as nice for the final day of my vacation. Maybe today will be the day that I sit on the couch.....doubtful!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Never too late to plant as witnessed by the plants still sitting on my deck. I can't believe you've never been to Sertoma. Amy and I used to take the kids walking there all the time or at least we did a couple of years ago.