Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finally a summer-like day!

This week it is finally starting to feel like summer. Yesterday was warm and super humid. I had to work all day and in the evening so I didn't really pay too much attention to what it was like outside- too depressing. Today I only worked until 1, so I did what I could to make the most of another warm day. I went to the studio for about 1/2 hour to pay a couple bills for Scott, then I changed into my swimsuit and headed to get the kids. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at the pool. Scott joined us for the last hour or so. The kids all had fun, Will is getting braver and keeps wandering to water that is almost too deep for him to touch in. I remembered to put sunscreen on the kids AND myself today. It seems I missed a few spots on me, cuz I have random burned spots and the backs of my arms are pretty red, but that's nothing compared to my usual first of the summer burn! We came home and had supper and Scott headed back to the studio for an evening session. I mowed the front yard and most of the backyard- until I ran out of gas. Sure, I could go get more gas, but I was dripping with sweat and covered in dirt and grass. Mower out of gas? WOO HOO!
I've got Will in the tub and Haley in the shower. I am exhausted from all the fresh air and sweating. Scott was talking about us biking to the falls tonight when he gets home. Oy, as much as I need the exercise and really enjoy going with him, I don't know if I have it in me today! I guess we will see what happens......wish me luck....I barely kept up with him last time (I think he was taking it easy on me too- Yikes!)

No comments: