Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week of vacation...day 2

Day 2 of my official week of vacation went something like this:

1. Alarm goes off at 5:45 am - technically that is still sleeping in for me.

2. Kids up and car packed, ready to head out the door by 7:00 am.

3. Actually hit the road at 7:10 am - not too bad for a family of 5!

4. Walk the Omaha Zoo for 5 hours.


Will's not quite convinced this guy isn't going to get out!
These little monkeys were pretty brave- I'm not so sure they were supposed to be this close to the visitors.

Will loved this bridge, he asked probably 5 times if we could go back to it!
All day I had been promising that we would go see the sharks. He wasn't disappointed!

I told the kids I was going to get a picture of the 3 of them being happy together even if it hurt! It looks like Hannah is in pain, so I guess I was right.
5. The 4 "kids" tried to go down the "big slide" at the Old Market, but a couple of rain showers during the day made for a sticky slide with a mud pit at the bottom- not much fun.

6. Walked the Old Market for an hour or so.
7. Supper at one of my favorites:



8. Quiet ride home with 3 tired kids.
We had a really great day. No one had any major meltdowns and the weather was actually pretty decent. The rain showers all came while we were in indoor exhibits so everything worked out great. It was wonderful to spend the whole day as a family, Scott only checked his messages a couple of times and he didn't text anyone at all! ( I love you, honey!)






No comments: