Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

It's official! We survived another year! I was even mostly awake when it turned over to 2009! (I haven't stayed up that late for a few years) Last night we went to Steve and Colleen's for food and games. It's nice to have somewhere to go for New Years without having to find a sitter. Not like we are big go outers anyway. The kids did their usual poppers around 8:30- Will came in the house with a handful of streamers to show me. I knew by the look on his face that he would be cuddling with those streamers at bedtime- I was right. At 5:30 this morning he was sobbing becuase he couldn't find his fireworks. Oh lord, Bubba, it's just some streamers, go back to bed and we'll look in the real morning. So when he got up again at 7, we had to spend some time digging thru his bed. Still haven't found the same quantity that he went to bed with. Who knows- maybe they disintegrate?

I have been pretty lazy so far today. I did force myself to work out this morning. Probably a good thing- got me moving at least. I have done a couple loads of laundry and hung up the girl's holders they got for Christmas. I have an album to put together for the bridal show, but Scott is still printing the pics for it. I got a little bit of reading in too. I should probably get started on some year end stuff, but who is in the mood for that today? Certainly not me! Maybe I could get some stuff together for Goodwill- there's a project I have been putting off since summer- nope not in the mood for that either. Huh, seems all I want to do today is nothing. I'll never get away with that. My conscience is too annoying for that.

I didn't make any resolutions for the year. Not formally anyway. There are a few things that I would like to change or improve on this year. Of course there is the ever present- want to lose weight thing. I have kept my goal so far of maintaining over the holidays. Now it's back to trying to get rid of. I want to be more organized. I used to be really good at keeping up on the bank statements and paying the bills - both at home and the studio. I have let things slide more this past year than I would like. I need to get back to being on top of that stuff. What else?......One thing I really need to try harder at is dealing with Haley. She is a really good kid, but she is starting to get the "teenager attitude". I don't have a lot of patience with her when she acts like that- need to find a better way to talk to her to get my point across without getting upset right away- that will be a tough one, but is definitely necessary to get thru the years to come!

I think it is time to do nothing or something or whatever. I need to get off this chair at least!

Happy New Year!

No comments: