Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to work tomorrow?

Christmas is over and tomorrow is back to work. Well, for me at least. The girls still have another week off of school. By the end of next week, Scott will probably be ready to give all the kids away. I think he is going to have the kids all day tomorrow and he has a shoot in the morning, plus he says he has a lot of work to do. Hopefully Amy can watch the kids on Tuesday to give him some quiet work time.
I had a really nice 5 day weekend. I had all day Christmas Eve off- Scott and I finished ( actually started and finished) our shopping. It's nice to actually get out shopping just the two of us once in a while. Christmas Eve night we went to my mom and dad's for our traditional pizza and presents. Travis was home so that makes it extra nice. Christmas morning mom and dad and Travis came over to our house to watch the kids open presents. I have invited them over for a few years cuz I don't want them to sit around all day on Christmas with nothing to do. At least this way we spend a couple hours together. Then we were off to Steve and Colleens for egg bake and presents. Their house gets really crowded with all of us, but no one seems to care. It will be interesting when Kyra starts bringing a boyfriend - just to see if we can fit more people in! There will always be room even if we have to sit on top of each other. That's what I like about our families! Christmas night we went to Scott's grandparents house for supper. Seemed a little weird without his grandma. I don't think she would have really liked it with everyone there though. She probably would have been more scared than anything and that's not healthy for her.
The kids got some stuff they really wanted- Haley got the complete set of Harry Potter books and a new camera. Hannah got a new camera and an ipod. Will- well what did Will get- Dinosaurs, tools, trucks- all the boy stuff any 2 year old boy could ever dream of!
Friday and Saturday were days to just play with new stuff and find room for all of it. We did pretty good. I was even able to put my whole new set of pots in the same cupboard as my old ones! Will's room needs to be a little bigger, but of course he has the biggest toys to find room for, so that will be a problem for a few more years I am afraid.
It was nice to have a couple of days to just spend at home. I even got some time to relax! We had movie night 2 nights in a row- wonderful family time!
Today I took down the tree and other decorations. Now I just have to get it all back under the stairs. Not really in the mood for that right now. Maybe tomorrow..........oh crap I have to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: