Monday, June 30, 2008

rock stars, worrywarts and flubber




Yesterday Haley had her friend b-day party. I think it went really well. The kids seemed to be having a good time. They thought the photo shoot was cool and their parents really loved the pictures that Scott printed out for everyone. I think 2 hours would have been plenty of time for the party. 3 seemed just a little too long, but there were no major catastrophes so I guess all is well. We put a "welcome rock stars" sign out front, a red carpet leading to the door and the kids all came dressed like rock stars. It was a good time!


Last night at about 10:43 pm I was awakened to crying. Hannah was sobbing in her room. I went in to see what was wrong and she said nothing. I chalked it up to she was having a bad dream and went back to bed. I no more than laid my head down on my pillow and she was sobbing again. I went in and laid in her bed with her and again asked what was wrong. Again she said "nothing". ARGH! I laid there with her for a while and talked with her. Finally she said she was scared about going back to the doctor because she didn't know what was going to happen. Well, I had to admit to her that I didn't know what was going to happen either. She didn't really like that answer, but I told her that no matter what heppened, daddy and I would be there the whole time and we would make sure that the doctor took very good care of her. After that she was able to fall asleep. She is always to bubbly and happy that it is hard to remember that she is also the worrier in the family. Poor kid, I really hope that she just gets a little cast today.


This morning I am very proud of myself. I ran a little over a mile when I got up. I didn't stop to walk at all! May seem like a small accomplishment but with as unmotivated as I have been to work out lately, this is a good thing. Maybe I can get myself moving again. I even did some crunches when I got home. Woo-hoo - time to get rid of this flubber and replace it with fabulous! Hee hee- I guess one day of working out isn't going to get me that far, but it is a start!

No comments: