Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello on-line world!

This is my second attempt at having a blog. This time I might even invite people to read it. I wasn't very good at posting on my last blog, but I knew that no one was checking it either, so maybe knowing I have an audience will get me to put my thoughts out in the open. We'll see. It is Friday the 13th, 5:17am, I am supposed to be working out, but don't wanna. I am so motivated on Monday mornings, by Thursday I just can't get myself going anymore. Part of the problem is I got on the scale every morning this week and all I saw was 1/2 lb gain and then lost again. No real movement, I can lose 1/2 lb by taking a dump- big deal! Well now you know how classy of a gal I am- talking about taking a dump in my very first post. Oh well, why hide the real me?

On a different note, we have a long day with tomorrow's wedding. I start at the salon at 8:30. No sleeping in this weekend! At least I will get to spend some time with Scott at the wedding. I haven't really seen him all week. It's such a hard balance. On one hand, I really want him to be busy and brining in the green. On the other hand, it is kind of hard on our relationship when we don't spend very much time together. I guess we just need to make the time that we are together count.

I took Will and Hannah to the pool yesterday. Hannah is getting really comfortable with playing in the water- she still drinks way more pool water than can be healthy for anyone, but she is getting better all the time. Will on the other hand- we start walking into the water and as soon as it hits the bottom of his swim shorts he starts freaking out "my pants are wet, my pants are wet". You would think he had just peed himself as upset as he was. I had to go to the oober shallow and back to the still pretty shallow with him a few times before he got over the first issue of the day. Later, he was watching kids go down one of the little slides and he said " I want to go on that". Well, I explained that his face would get wet and asked if he still wanted to go "no way" was his oh so cute response. It took about 5 more minutes before he asked to go again- this time he asked Hannah and she so dutifully drug him to the top of the stairs and gave him a little shove down the slide. I stood at the bottom to make sure my baby wouldn't drown, but I made sure he did get his face wet before I pulled him out. 5 minutes of sobbing about a wet face and he was ready to walk the oober shallow part again. A little while later Hannah was trying to show off for Will and she put her face in the water. Must have looked easy, cuz Will immediately bends over to put his face in the water. Not sure what he thought was going to happen, but he came up sputtering and screaming. That was it, he didn't want anything to do with the pool anymore. He made it 40 minutes and he was done! Granted he hadn't had a nap yet and it was almost 3:00 so a little slack is needed. Hannah played for a little longer and then we headed home. On the way home I asked Will if he had fund. "YEAH!" Do you want to go again "NO WAY!" Silly little boy.

Well I suppose I should at least do some crunches or something so that I don't feel like a complete tub of lard. Hope you enjoyed day 1 of my new blog!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Loved Wills pool experience. I still think you're a classy lady. Keep blogging it's way easier than exercising.

Love ya
Colleen

Scott Meyer said...

Great, Wendy has a blog with actual words. How can I compete with that?...and when am I going to get any work done?

Connie said...

Cool - sounds like you had "fun" at the pool! Makes me wonder if taking the kids to Wild Water West is going to be a good idea! And I'm with you on the excercising bit- only with me I've already lost my motivation by Wednesday! Sorry- I really didn't mean to pass on those fat genes.
Love you-