Thursday, June 19, 2008

It finally feels like summer!


After all the rainy days and storms, it is finally starting to feel like summer. The grass has even started to turn brown so now we have started watering the lawn. After work last night, I picked up the kids from the studio so Scott could do a wedding consult and engagement pics. We came home, had supper and then I asked the kids if they wanted to run thru the sprinklers. Hannah jumped out of her chair and ran to get her swimsuit, Will said "I want run sprinks", Haley gave me this oh so pre-teen look and said, "I'm not running thru them, that's boring." Fine, whatever. So Hannah is running and squealing thru the sprinklers, Will is crouching next to a sprinkler head giggling every time he puts his hand in the water. I asked Haley to go in and get towels for when they were done. She came back out with 3 towels and ran back inside saying she'd be right back. She came back out with her suit on and low and behold - she ran thru the sprinkler too. She even laughed while she was doing it! With Haley running, Will even got brave enough to run thru the water. It is so nice to see them actually being kids and having fun at it!

They are growing up so fast that times like these will soon just be a memory. I am not ready for that. Hopefully they will give me a few more years of silly little pleasures like watching them run and scream thru the sprinklers!

No comments: