Monday, February 16, 2009

Gimme a P, gimme an O, another O, and another P

....What's that spell? POOP! What do we wish Will could do? POOP! Poor kid, seems like it's been forever since he was able to just poop without a big fuss. I've tried Pedialax, I've tried Miralax, I'm trying to cut down on dairy, nothing seems to really be helping. I've got to figure out some high fiber snacks for him or something. The medications just give him the opposite problem and that is definitely not a better problem! We'll get him regulated someday......

I took a vacation day today so that I could spend the day with the kids. Well, mostly I spent the day with Haley. The Lego Leaguers were all invited to the Pavilion today for lunch, cinedome movies and to spend time at the science center. She had a really great time and I survived a cinedome movie- it was a really rough hour for me, but I made it. I didn't really get to watch the movie, I spent most of the time with my eyes closed, concentrating on breathing so that I wouldn't freak out. I didn't want Haley to be known as the girl with the "freak" mom who can't sit thru a movie! Oh how it would have been so easy to be that freak today! I did get a few pics while we were in the science center. There is a lot of cool stuff there, I think it would be a lot more fun with a lot less kids, but we got in for free so no complaints in this corner!


Back to work and back to school tomorrow. The girls have had a 5 day weekend- too bad it hasn't been just a little bit warmer out. Would have been nice to go to the zoo or something and get out some spring fever. I think I may be feeling the spring "wiggles" more than the kids right now. I am actually looking forward to it being warm enough for me to go running in the mornings again. I know, I could run even in the cold, but I also know that there is no way I will convince myself to not take the first turn toward home when it is this cold out. So for now, I will hang out with Tony Horton (p90x guy) in the mornings and try to get some time on on the elliptical in the evenings. I got on the scale this morning and Yowsers! I can tell that I have been off the diet and exercise wagon for a few weeks. Time to get back on and buckle down! My pants are tight and short season is right around the corner- ooh scary - swimsuit season isn't that far away either! Let's not think about that just yet- too scary- gives me nightmares!

I suppose, I should get some stuff done and get some sweating done too!


No comments: