Sunday, August 17, 2008

Last day of vacation

Today is the last day of summer vacation for the girls and the last day of our one and only family vacation this summer. I tried to post on Thursday before we left, but blogger was being uncooperative and I wasn't patient enough to type everything over. I did a pre-vacation weigh in on Thursday morning and I was 148.8. I will do a post vacation weigh in tomorrow morning. I did pretty good on the diet front though. I was trying very hard to eat well and I ran on the hotel treadmills every morning. I ran in the same clothes every morning so by this morning I was glad I was the only one in the fitness room cuz I could so smell myself. GROSS!

Well we had a pretty good vaca. Thursday we left around noon. We stopped at the outlet mall in Medford. Didn't do much for shopping there though. I had packed a picnic supper thinking we could go to a park and eat, but we just ate it on the hotel room floor. Then we all went swimming (We brought a "floatie" for Will and he was sooo excited!). After swimming, we watched a movie and crashed. Friday was Nickelodeon Universe day- lots of rides and more rides. The kids are all going to be little adrenaline junkies. There was a new roller coaster that I got the girls to go on with me and it was my favorite ride of the day! Saturday was Albertville outlet malls- we did lots of shopping there- Scott raked in a lot of new pants, which is what he really needed. Then we headed back to the Mall of America and did a little more shopping. We bought the kids each a webkinz cuz they were so well behaved in all the shopping. Scott suprised me with an ipod shuffle- an early b-day present that I have been really wanting for my early morning runs! Today we stopped at the Minnesota Zoo- bummer there- no dolphin show - that is really the only reason we went there, but oh well. All in all, a pretty busy crazy weekend, but still very nice to be away from home for a few days!

School starts tomorrow. Both girls seem to be pretty excited. Haley wants to get up at 5 am - crazy kid- can't drag her out of bed at 8 on the weekends!

Well, I want to get to figuring out how to use my ipod so talk to you later!

No comments: