Sunday, August 2, 2009

2 weeks til school starts???

Seriously, the girls go back to school in 2 weeks. I feel like I completely missed summer. I think the strange weather is partly to blame, but we have just been so busy and never home to relax that I feel like we missed out on something this summer. Working 2 jobs has definitely caused extra time constraints, but thanks to the 2nd job we will be taking cash to Minneapolis next weekend and using that to buy some school clothes. Thank goodness the kids don't need much for clothes as of yet. I am sure by the middle of winter everything will be too small- guess they will get clothes for Christmas then!

So, what has happened since the last time I had a chance to post? Hannah started summer soccer- every Tuesday night for 9 weeks- Yikes! Especially difficult since we have to get her to Harrisburg by 5:45. Kind of a rat race, but we make it! Hopefully fall soccer will be a little closer to home with more reasonable start times! Haley went to a week of Lego League camp - she was one of two girls there! I think she had fun and she still wants to be a part of a Lego League team this year so hopefully she learned something too! Other than that, the kids have just been hanging out with Grandma during the day and with either Scott or I at night- depending on who isn't at work.

I did get my cleaning hours changed a little so that I clean Monday and Wednesday night and then I have to clean the bank sometime between Friday night and Monday morning. That gives us a little more flexibility. I am actually looking for a different part time job though. This cleaning thing is really hard to get motivated for. I applied at Target- they are opening a new store on our end of town. The cleaning company was the only place that called me after all the applications I put in, so I guess they are it until someone else calls. If Scott can stay this busy all winter maybe I can quit working part time and just help him more. His part time employee found a new full time job so he is back to being on his own. At least if I worked for Scott I might get to see him once in a while.......

Well, I should probably put my quiet morning to better use. Scott, Hannah and Will are out fishing, Haley is doing her Haley thing and hiding in her room reading a book. I have some laundry to do, a check book to balance and I really should put on some makeup. I think the pool will be calling our names this afternoon, so better get to it this morning!