Sunday, July 12, 2009

Being a good mom is so exhausting!

Even just trying to be a good mom for an afternoon can take a lot out of a girl! We had Haley's friend b-day party this afternoon. WOW! Total of 13 kids for 2 hours. We had a luau theme. We did sand art bottles, had a limbo contest and a hula hoop contest. Haley opened gifts and for food we had fruit kabobs, chips and trail mix. I also made some "really awesome" (Haley's description) punch.

The kids all seemed to have a really good time so all the work and frusteration seems to have paid off. Haley was happy and that was my only real goal for the day. I am glad that we had the party outside and in the garage- 10 year olds have no concept of keeping things neat and clean. I guess it's not just that Haley is a slob- it's all kids her age! Good to know you are normal in that area Boppers!

Here are a couple pics from the afternoon.



Time for me to go collapse on the couch with the man of my dreams.....or whoever happens to be there........

No comments: