Monday, May 25, 2009

Hannah's 8!

Yesterday was Hannah's 8th b-day. I made chocolate muffins for breakfast for her. We spent most of the morning getting the garage cleaned and a quick trip to the grocery store. We went to Subway for lunch- Hannah's choice. Her party was at 2:00, out to Old Chicago with grandpa and grandma Meyer for supper, home and sleep- well try to sleep anyway, Hannah is usually asleep 2 minutes after laying down, but she had a lot of pop and candy throughout the afternoon so it took her a good hour to relax enough to sleep!

Here she is in her b-day outfit that we bought on Friday. Notice the green streaks in her hair?



This is the look you get when you are told to close your eyes for a present and when you open them, there is nothing to see! (Grandpa put the bike behind her!)


It has become almost tradition to have a pinata, the kids seem to have a lot of aggression to work out!






Getting a "lesson" on how to ride her new bike. This one has only hand brakes and now she has gears to change!



I think I have finally realized that no matter what I do, my kids are going to get older. Their birthdays used to depress me, but I really like watching them grow and can't wait to see the paths that they choose!

No comments: