Monday, September 1, 2008

how to know you had a good family outing......

1. At least one person has really sunburned at least one part of their body . Check- mommy has pretty purple shoulders.


2. At least one person has nearly fainted from the excitement. Check- Hannah collapsed in the middle of the midway. We can call it excitement if you wish, but I think in reality she got a slight case of heat exhaustion.


3. At least one person lost their lunch. Check- Will threw up his supper, lunch and snack all at once in the car on the way home. He was trying to finish his sandwich so he could have his cookie and he choked.


So all in all we must have had a great day yesterday! Actually we did have a good time. We spent a good 8 hours at the state fair. Steve and Colleen and Amy & Cameron & the boys were all there too. The kids had a great time on the rides. It's so fun to see Haley going on all the rides, she is such an adrenaline junkie! The other kids follow her and go on all the rides too, but she is truly the one who is having the most fun.


Other than the fact that it was 90 degrees, 40 mph winds and felt like we were in the middle of a dust storm all day, I think everyone had a good time just being out and doing something. There are so many things we could/should have been doing at home, but sometimes you have to just stop and enjoy life instead.


Today will probably be a little more of doing the could have/should haves but that's ok too.


Well, yesterday was Sunday so I did do a weigh in. I was really worried cuz my will power has completely disappeared. I have still been running everyday, but eating has not been well controlled. Well, I am exactly the same weight as I was two weeks ago, not up not down. I guess I should just be thankful it didn't go up. I did up my running distance again. I ran a little over 3 miles yesterday morning. (yup and then I walked in the wind all day) I am taking today off of running cuz my legs are all cramped up from all the walking yesterday. I think I deserve a day off once in a while don't you? If you said no- shut up and run yourself! Besides the wind is still blowing this morning and I am not in the mood to fight it.


Well, I suppose I should go take a shower and figure out which of the " to get done before it snows" things I want to try to get done today. Happy official end of summer!

No comments: